MAC aids in community and economic development through mitigation of the impacts of food insecurity and other environmental injustices, encouraging civic engagement, as well as developing and promoting arts-centered programming in underserved communities.
Through this work, MAC aims to increase the ability of communities to thrive.
- Provide information and opportunity in both political and non-political actions.
- Mobilizing to protect public values or make changes in the community.
- Participate in collaborative partnerships that create platforms for power movement.
ARTIST DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT
- Provide platforms for performances, exhibits, workshops, and lectures.
- Promote community engagement within the artistic and non-profit community.
- Create art initiatives and placements in underserved communities.
ECONOMIC & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Efforts to support the disenfranchised in the communities that MAC serves.
- Funding to small community based organizations to support community sanctioned projects.
- Distribution of resources (food, sanitizer, PPE, clothing, toys, school supplies, etc.).
- Center community voice.
- Build a base of community partnerships.
- Initiate actions that lead to power-building coalitions.